Freedom First’s award winning and nationally recognized financial education has won multiple awards.
- 2015 National Winner: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- 2016 National Runner-up: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- State Level Winner (Virginia) 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
We are committed to Helping Members Prosper-Helping Communities Thrive.
Freedom First offers free financial education classes as well as personalized financial coaching.
Our financial counselors can provide answers and individualized guidance for money-related questions you have, including:
- How can I improve my credit score?
- How can I reduce debt?
- Is there a better way to pay off student loans?
- How can I set up a budget?
- What are ways that I can save?
Watch for Money Mondays Minute on Facebook! During our live streaming events we will let you know how to enter a drawing for a VISA gift card, so be sure to follow us on Facebook.
Set up a time to talk to one of our certified financial counselors by contacting Courtney Campbell at 540-339-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom First has partnered with GreenPath to offer even more extended financial counselling. GreenPath assists over 200,000 people each year helping them to take control of their finances. GreenPath is a non-profit provider of budgeting and financial education services that partners with credit unions. This partnership allows you to have access to expanded services that will include:
- Financial coaching sessions available by phone until 10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, until 7 p.m. on Friday, and from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Expanded Spanish speaking coaching services.
- Coaching available in 170 languages.
- Specialized coaching through Student Loan Counseling, Bankruptcy Counseling, & Education and Reverse Mortgage Counseling.
- A specialized debt management plan program to assist qualified members that may be experiencing struggles with their current debt.