Freedom First’s award winning and nationally recognized financial education has won multiple awards.
- 2015 National Winner: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- 2016 National Runner-up: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- State Level Winner (Virginia) 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
We are committed to Helping Members Prosper-Helping Communities Thrive.
Freedom First offers free financial education classes as well as personalized financial coaching.
Our financial counselors can provide answers and individualized guidance for money-related questions you have, including:
- How can I improve my credit score?
- How can I reduce debt?
- Is there a better way to pay off student loans?
- How can I set up a budget?
- What are ways that I can save?
Watch for Money Mondays Minute on Facebook! During our live streaming events we will let you know how to enter a drawing for a VISA gift card, so be sure to follow us on Facebook.
Set up a time to talk to one of our certified financial counselors by contacting Courtney Campbell at 540-339-3468 or email@example.com.
Freedom First has partnered with GreenPath to offer even more extended financial counselling. GreenPath assists more than 200,00 people each year helping them to take control of their finances. GreenPath is a non-profit provider of budgeting and financial education services that partners with credit unions. This partnership allows you to have access to expanded services that will include:
- Financial coaching sessions available by phone until 10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, until 7 p.m. on Friday, and from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Expanded Spanish speaking coaching services.
- Coaching available in 170 languages.
- Specialized coaching through Student Loan Counseling, Bankruptcy Counseling, & Education and Reverse Mortgage Counseling.
- A specialized debt management plan program to assist qualified members that may be experiencing struggles with their current debt.